1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Smart-aleck corrections -- WTF??

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Starman, Aug 24, 2007.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Personally, I'd love to run all corrections under a standing head:

"Hey, you fucked up, you trusted us!!!"

[​IMG]

Word has it this situation may be rectified very soon. Word filtering down from Mount Olympus that everyone is gonna have to be "more adaptable" and "more flexible" when it comes to schedules. I've laid in a stock of Vaseline. ::)

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

He could work at the Plain Dealer with that brilliance....

Sorry, wrong guy. Never mind

3. Flash

Flash Guest

Would it be an odd question to ask why there are so many corrections to run in the sports section? [​IMG]

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

There aren't that many. One a week maybe. But Chuckles McChuckles insists on turning them into his own comedy-club audition.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Because sports runs its corrections; news side, tho more than flawed, feels it is above such nonsense.

6. pressmurphy

pressmurphy Member

Never mind the SE or the publisher. Where the hell has the ME been while this crap has been going on?

7. Dan Rydell

Dan Rydell Guest

Do what my paper does: The sports section makes so many mistakes, the newspaper looks the other way and doesn't run sports corrections. Biz, too.

It's abominable.

Draft saved Draft deleted