1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Smallest airport you've used (commercially)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by micropolitan guy, Sep 11, 2007.

1. Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell

Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell Active Member

Either Akron/Canton or Madison.

2. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

This user is currently being ignored.

;D

3. STLIrish

STLIrish Active Member

Pierre, SD, Columbia, MO. Both of the three-prop-flights-a-day, place feels more like a bus station, variety. But a bus station with extra-zealous security. Hell, I'd be bored, too, if I worked for the TSA in Pierre.

4. Chef

Chef Active Member

Garden City, KS

Air Midwest and Great Lakes are only airlines out of there, or as we call it Air Maybe.....maybe you get there, maybe you don't.

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Rhein-Main AFB, Germany.

Never mind that it lies opposite the runway from Frankfurt Airport, one of the bigger ones in the world. The terminal looked and felt like a bus station stuck in the 1940s. No jetway; they rolled the steps out to the plane and you rocked it old-school. Baggage claim consisted of one single carousel. And it was 20 steps to the door.

Of course, it was commercial only in the loosest sense. It was Northwest Airlines, but a charter flight for soldiers only.

6. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Narvik, Norway.

7. Chef

Chef Active Member

Dammit, Lowell.

8. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Been there and Nantucket but I don't recall which is smaller. Got snowed in at Chuck Yeager airport in (Charleston, W.Va.?) once and spent the night at the bar with the rest of the snowed in passengers talking about how 'ol Chuck would have gotten the damn jet out of there.

9. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

Easily, Augusta, ME -- very small with a couple of airlines check-in desks, a car rental desk, and just one Luggage conveyer for arriving luggage which was only 6-7 feet long.

10. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

I routinely fly out of the Beaumont Airport, Hair Care and Tire Center.

11. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

getting from point a to point b at half the speed of smell.

12. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

This one time, a goose was behind our plane. And the pilot kept yelling, go around, go around.

Then, another time, we got passed by a kite.

Draft saved Draft deleted