1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Smallest airport you've used (commercially)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by micropolitan guy, Sep 11, 2007.

1. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Nantucket, Mass. ... the cute woman at the lunch counter makes a mean grilled cheese sandwich. A wacky place though.

2. AgatePage

AgatePage Active Member

The Day The World Came To Town remains one of the best things i've read in the past 5 years.

3. Flash

Flash Guest

I did not know that book existed, AgatePage. I'm going book shopping this weekend and I'll look for it.

4. Commercially - Riverton, Wyo.; Waterloo, Iowa; Dodge City, Kan. My company at the time also flew me into Geneva, Ind., one time to go to a printer in Berne, Ind. The pilot of the little Cessna was sweating profusely upon our arrival.

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Tie between Springfield, Mo. and Canton-Akron airport.

6. Dan Rydell

Dan Rydell Guest

State College, Pa. (Penn State airport)

Though I remember the Knoxville airport being small, with a short runway. And I was in a Cessna four-seater in the rain. Airport had an old, crashed plane at the end of the runway as some sort of memorial, and that didn't inspire confidence.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Beat you by an hour and a half, beeyatch...

8. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Riverton has an airport? Damn, the place didn't get a McDonald's until 1981.

I know this because I had a crush on a girl from there who's brother -- attention, MileHigh -- played on a Little League Western Regional team. We were pen pals (alas, nothing more) for several years.

9. Pencil Dick

Pencil Dick Member

Youngstown, Ohio, in 1994. Somebody has since told me that it's been closed and you have to fly into Akron/Canton if going to Youngstown. Don't know whether it's true or not.

10. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

A commercial airport smaller than Laramie?

Good grief.

11. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Bangor, Maine

12. Dan Rydell

Dan Rydell Guest

I once knew a girl from Bangor.

And one night I................naw, I ain't going there.

But she had a cousin in Nantucket.

Draft saved Draft deleted