1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Small Plane Crashes into Building in Austin, TX

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Feb 18, 2010.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I'm just getting caught up and I'm sure this will get lost in the prop wash ...

Tail number gets you the registered owner of the plane, which isn't always the same as the pilot.

2. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Kind of a sudden shift in position for you though, isn't it?

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

You're right obviously.

I guess I was thinking that with a small private plane, the owner would be the most likely pilot, or would at least lead investigators to the pilot.

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Gargamel's cat is right. The guy doesn't meet the definition of a terrorist.

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

If the guy was a terrorist, wouldn't the terror threat have been raised to orange ;D

6. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

This has Tea Party written all over it!

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Are you a little excited by that prospect? :)

8. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

OK, just a little. But I seriously think there's a cautionary tale here about the way fringe groups stir up anger and devisiveness. Nuts are attracted to these groups.

9. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Daughter of the pilot said that her dad's actions were inappropriate, but he was a hero for his anti-government views.

http://www.comcast.net/articles/news-national/20100222/US.Plane.Crash.Pilot/

Draft saved Draft deleted