1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Small College Athletics Journalist/Business Analyst

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Matt Roberts, Sep 8, 2020.

1. Matt Roberts

Matt Roberts New Member

Drive & Company is looking for a sharp, business-savvy reporter to cover the inner-workings of small college athletics (DII, DIII and NAIA). Drive & Company produces industry-leading curated news emails D1.ticker, D2.ticker. D3.ticker and NAIA.ticker, along with co-producing the thought-leadership platform, AthleticDirectorU. The new team member will focus his or her efforts on educating the marketplace by connecting the dots of dollars, leadership, higher education macro- and micro-trends to make sense of developments in and around the DII, DIII and NAIA ecosystems.

In addition to a resume with references, please provide three samples of your columns, and a cover letter answering the following questions: What background/knowledge do you have about small college athletics? What unique skills make you the ideal candidate for this position? What's your favorite business book of all time and why?

Right now, I'm looking at this role as part-time (two to three columns per week), but I'm flexible on that front and more importantly looking for the right person to join our team.

Please send materials and/or questions to Matt Roberts (matt@d1ticker.com).

2. Alec Hamilton

Alec Hamilton New Member

I know it's been awhile but I'm just seeing this, is the position still open?

3. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

PaperClip529 likes this.
  4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

You’re hired.

HanSenSE likes this.
  5. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

What's the pay?

6. RonClements

RonClements Well-Known Member

All-you-can-eat Lance Crackers in the break room.

adcs2 and Severian like this.
  7. adcs2

adcs2 Member

You get to sing MotownPhilly Karaoke while driving an RV through a hail storm.

Draft saved Draft deleted