1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Smacked in the puss with a ham. And of course, I laugh.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by The Big Ragu, Nov 24, 2009.

1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I want you to do what I think is right.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

The wouldn't have happened if she didn't change her name from Paula Stein

3. bwright

bwright Member

Umm... Why else would you have thrown it in there?

4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Get in the back of the line.

5. RickStain

I also want you to choose to do what I think is right because you want to, not because I'm making you.

6. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

old_tony likes this.

7. The Big Ragu

Um, because the woman got hit in the face with a flying ham, and it seemed like a relevant detail about myself when trying to describe my reaction?

I also kind of intended for the thread to gravitate to a scholarly discussion of the always entertaining, "woman getting pelted with a flying ham" storyline ... not an ethics debate. Which is why I said in hindsight I shouldn't have thrown it in there.

8. RickStain

Smacked in the puss with a ham seems like it should be a euphemism for something.

9. The Big Ragu

I prefer the term "sensitive." I also help old ladies cross the street (without being overly touchy) and even though I don't deliver hams to food banks, I've offered more than one hobo a spare lentil or two when the mood has struck.

10. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

Laughing at unsuspected and relatively consequence-free violence is as much a God-given right as laughing at farts. Some things are inherently funny, and no one -- not even hemp-clothed vegetarians -- should feel the least bit guilty about a good guffaw.

11. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

I feel a little sorry for the "Back at 'ya!" dude, even though he seems about as intelligent as the average meat animal.

But that isn't going to stop me from brining, roasting and eating the free-range bird thawing in our fridge.

12. Bad Guy Zero

Bad Guy Zero Active Member

You carry lentils around with you? Do you keep them in your pocket? If so, how do you differentiate them from the pocket lint?

Draft saved Draft deleted