1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Slut shaming in the Buffalo News?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Dick Whitman, Aug 10, 2015.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Prosecutor Frank Sedita's press conference is underway ...

2. Dick Whitman

I was curious to see if anyone here was skeptical of the accusations by the accuser's lawyer about the evidence bag, so I went back and looked through the thread.

3. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Is it difficult to pat yourself on the back and jerk off at the same time?

4. Dick Whitman

Maybe Richard Jewell planted the evidence bag.

#Journalism

5. JC

JC Well-Known Member

You're not really this insecure in real life, are you?

6. Dick Whitman

Sedita said that the bag was a bag given to the accuser to put her shirt in. So I guess she took it home with permission of the lab. It's not an evidence bag. I believe he used the words "hoax" and "circus."

He said that the accuser's lawyer has prevented the D.A. from talking to her.

Some other reporting I saw today, based on sources:

• The DNA from other men found in her underwear was not necessarily fresh and could have been as old as five years old.
    • The accuser's texts from that night show that she repeatedly wanted to leave Kane's house, but her friend wanted to stay.
    • Also, supposedly she says that Kane approached her at the bar, she didn't know who he was, and asked if he wanted to go to a party at her house.
    • The accuser's friend is 19 and that's why she's reluctant to testify.

7. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

You guess? Sedita clearly stated that the accuser's MOTHER was in possession of that bag.

8. Dick Whitman

I understand that, but he said that the mother is denying wrongdoing, whatever that means. I'm a little confused.

What is the motive for the mother to invent a clearly refutable story about this bag being left for her? Maybe she got confused about what the bag was, and jumped to a conclusion when she found it and didn't remember it.

9. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

10. Dick Whitman

Apparently it has something to do with the protein in semen.

11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Heh. That science would certainly explain the rise in Michael Douglas-type cancers.

On a serious note: I don't know where Dick saw that, but if it is indeed true about DNA, releasing that piece of out-of-context info represents a marvelous new high/low in slut-shaming.

12. Dick Whitman

I'm assuming it came (no pun intended) from Kane's lawyer, who seems to have a direct line to that Niagara Falls Reporter rag.

Draft saved Draft deleted