1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Slump-busting blowup dolls in the White Sox locker room: offensive?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by poindexter, May 6, 2008.

1. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

OK Should the male bartenders and waiters at the bowling lanes consider that harassment?

2. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

It sounds like you're asking two different questions. It's pointless to say that somebody should or shouldn't be offended by something, because that is up to the individual's threshold or sense of humor, etc. Saying whether or not it constitutes harassment is a legal question that doesn't necessarily rely on the standard of them being offended.

3. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

What a run of sadness the Sun-Times has had lately, involving three of the finest people in our business -- Terry Armour's fatal heart attack, Missy Isaacson's piece about her parents' Alzheimers, and now Lacy with, incredibly, brain cancer, congestive heart failure and prostate cancer. I'm praying that Lacy's story will have a positive ending.

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Armour worked for the Trib; Isaacson still does.

5. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

Brain cramp. Sorry.

6. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Chicago White Sox locker room ... playground for the cocksuckers?

7. markvid

markvid Guest

Anyone among us see anything like this before?

8. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

9. markvid

markvid Guest

Care to elaborate or fear of outing?

10. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

I've gotta say -- I don't have a huge problem with this. We are in their workplace.

And, it's reactions like these that will soon have North American dressing rooms closed to the media, with an Olympics-style media zone instead.

11. markvid

markvid Guest

Elliotte, you raise a very good point.
    But in your office, you'd never do that because others may come in. It's common sense. They know others will walk through there, they cannot take a "screw 'em, it's our house" attitude. Especially if it's the group that will scrutinize and tell the public that this goes on.

12. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

Eh, it's much ado about nothing. It wasn't a good idea to present publically, but it wasn't anything to get in a bunch about. I'm sure they wouldn't have done that at home, with more home cameras, female reporters, etc.

Draft saved Draft deleted