1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Slumdog Millionaire

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Elliotte Friedman, Dec 8, 2008.

1. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

This is actually a d_b. westcoastvol started a thread with the same title saying this is the best movie of the year.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Hmmmmthen maybe that's where I saw it.

Good thing I threw in the 'or someone.' Should have left off the "movie thread" reference.

3. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Danny Boyle, the director, has quite the filmography:

Slumdog
    Sunshine
    Millions
    28 Days Later
    The Beach
    A Life Less Ordinary
    Trainspotting
    Shallow Grave

I'm not saying The Beach or A Life Less Ordinary were awesome, but I liked the hell out of the other flicks. Really want to see this, but will probably wait for the DVD.

4. ScribePharisee

ScribePharisee New Member

You know, if she had just dropped the psycho-bitch thing, or if Michael Douglas had just surrendered at the outset, she'd have come across as quite the diva in that movie. But by the time she got around to cooking the kid's rabbit, I wanted to kill her.

5. imjustagirl

True fact: I've never seen this movie.

6. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Millions is so, so great. One of the little-known gems I recommend to people. If you haven't seen it, do so immediately. Sunshine was almost great but just turned too surreal in the last reel. Really excited about Slumdog -- the reviews have been fantastic.

7. "I don't have to, Dottie. I lived it."

8. imjustagirl

Holy Shit.

Did Fenian just quote Pee Wee's Big Adventure?

I think I just got really happy.

9. Double J

Double J Active Member

Josh Brolin, as good as he is, still wishes he could be as cool as his dad and play a character like "P.W. Herman."

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

"Paging Mr. Herman. Mr. Herman, you have a telephone call at the front desk."

11. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I, uh, uh, uhh, I, uh, uh, ahhh, ahhhh, ohhhh, ohhhh, I ***** uh, uhh, uhhh, ohhhh, ohhhhhhh, ohhhhhhh, aahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh *** I'll be there in a minute.

12. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Saw this one today. Absolutely extraordinary. I haven't seen a movie this technically sound in a long time. It would get my vote for best picture today.

Draft saved Draft deleted