1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Slumdog Millionaire

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by westcoastvol, Dec 1, 2008.

1. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

Absolutely blew me out of the water. I'm not going to go into too much detail, but it's a terrific movie. The story, the cinematography, the editing...it's directed by the guy who directed Trainspotting, Millions and Sunshine and adapted for the screen by the guy who wrote The Full Monty. I have a few quibbles, but overall, they're small. Pound for pound, one of the best films I've seen in quite awhile.

Slumdog hits the mark on so many levels. It's nice to see such a well-put together film get out there. It's amazing how much good can happen when you don't have a bunch of Hollywood pricks producers telling you how to do a film.

Make this the next film on your list when it hits your hamlet.

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Yep.

Best movie of the fall.

All-around fantastic.

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I thought this was about Brewster's Millions, which I just finished watching.

4. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Awesome movie. Great emotion and storytelling. Mumbai as shown is so depressing yet the actors, especially the youngsters, convey so much.

5. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

This is one great movie.
    If you haven't seen it, go. Now.
    I was worried that it might not live up to the hype.
    It was better than I expected.

6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Very good movie

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

A truly great movie, as I've posted on other threads. This is one perfect film, an achievement of the highest order.

8. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Got a bootleg coming my way... can't wait, can't wait, can't wait!

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I liked it. I had read the reviews and I don't think any of the ones I'd read even remotely do it justice. None of the reviews made me want to see it.

Glad I did... One of the better films of the year. It will be interesting to see what kind of love it gets come Oscar time.

10. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Of course, 'The Dark Knight' rendered all subsequent cinematic endeavors moot, so this is a little too little too late.
    I long for the the pre-Dark Knight days when other movies still mattered.

11. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I'm so glad I read this board sometimes. I have heard NO mention of this movie aside from this board and one article I've seen. No commercials, no nothing. No mention of it anywhere in my world (just saying I apparently don't watch/read people who talk about this).

So without this board, I would have no idea this movie existed.

12. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

It sounds like it's a pretty good movie.

But before I go, tell me, does the dog die?

Draft saved Draft deleted