1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sluggo

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Sep 17, 2013.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

A cartoon character?
    John Gruden's favorite word?
    What's it mean to you?

2. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Boom, unless you really are a Mets fan, you know it's Don Slaught's nickname.

3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

4. It was the nickname of a guy who used to hunt with my dad.
    He was a piece of work.
    Sluggo was lactose intolerant, but would drink a half-gallon of chocolate milk and eat a box of powdered donuts (did I mention he weight 250-plus?) and then have to crap. He was also (I swear) scared of the dark. So at hunting camp he would crap right outside the tent or camper.
    I lost count how many times the old man, after stepping into one of Sluggo's piles, pierced the early-morning silence with a screaming stream of curse words.

Suffice to say ... Sluggo wasn't much of a hunter/outdoorsman.

He wore camo coveralls. He was so fat he wouldn't walk down hills - this is West Virginia, so ... yeah. Instead, he would sit on his fat ass and slide down to the bottom. He went through the ass-end of a pair of coveralls about every year.

And ... and ... the best part ... he shit his pants.
    Regularly.
    He's a man - with a wife and two kids, and pretty successful in business (chemical sales) - who shit his pants on more than one occasion!

Once we were scouting for a place to hunt. I was in the back of my dad's truck. He and Sluggo were up front. Suddenly, Dad slams on the brakes and I go flying, face-first into the rear windshield. Dad jumps out of the truck, curse words flying.
    "Geez, I thought it was a fart," Sluggo said waddling out of the passenger's side.
    Sluggo had been drinking milk and eating donuts when he shit his pants in my dad's truck; an old truck with a bench seat.
    And in the process of cleaning himself, got shit all over the front bumper and tires. Dad GOES BALLISTIC!
    There I am - 12, 13, watching my dad lose his shit; red-faced, veins bulging curse words flying - and seeing a grown man - in 30s - who just crapped his pants. I have never laughed so hard in my live. To this day, it still makes me LOL.

That's Sluggo to me.

5. joe king

joe king Active Member

[​IMG]

He's gonna be mean to me!

OH NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Winner, winner, chicken dinner.

7. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

I think Evil ... just wrapped up at least one SJ end-of-year award.

8. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think we're done here.

9. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

This.

10. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

But did you get any deer?

11. Double J

Double J Active Member

Yep. That.