1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Sep 17, 2013.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

A cartoon character?
    John Gruden's favorite word?
    What's it mean to you?
  2. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Boom, unless you really are a Mets fan, you know it's Don Slaught's nickname.
  3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

4. It was the nickname of a guy who used to hunt with my dad.
    He was a piece of work.
    Sluggo was lactose intolerant, but would drink a half-gallon of chocolate milk and eat a box of powdered donuts (did I mention he weight 250-plus?) and then have to crap. He was also (I swear) scared of the dark. So at hunting camp he would crap right outside the tent or camper.
    I lost count how many times the old man, after stepping into one of Sluggo's piles, pierced the early-morning silence with a screaming stream of curse words.

Suffice to say ... Sluggo wasn't much of a hunter/outdoorsman.

He wore camo coveralls. He was so fat he wouldn't walk down hills - this is West Virginia, so ... yeah. Instead, he would sit on his fat ass and slide down to the bottom. He went through the ass-end of a pair of coveralls about every year.

And ... and ... the best part ... he shit his pants.
    He's a man - with a wife and two kids, and pretty successful in business (chemical sales) - who shit his pants on more than one occasion!

Once we were scouting for a place to hunt. I was in the back of my dad's truck. He and Sluggo were up front. Suddenly, Dad slams on the brakes and I go flying, face-first into the rear windshield. Dad jumps out of the truck, curse words flying.
    "Geez, I thought it was a fart," Sluggo said waddling out of the passenger's side.
    Sluggo had been drinking milk and eating donuts when he shit his pants in my dad's truck; an old truck with a bench seat.
    And in the process of cleaning himself, got shit all over the front bumper and tires. Dad GOES BALLISTIC!
    There I am - 12, 13, watching my dad lose his shit; red-faced, veins bulging curse words flying - and seeing a grown man - in 30s - who just crapped his pants. I have never laughed so hard in my live. To this day, it still makes me LOL.

That's Sluggo to me.
  5. joe king

joe king Active Member

He's gonna be mean to me!

OH NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  6. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Winner, winner, chicken dinner.
  7. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

I think Evil ... just wrapped up at least one SJ end-of-year award.
  8. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think we're done here.
  9. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

10. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

But did you get any deer?
  11. Double J

Double J Active Member

Yep. That.
  12. 93Devil