1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Slow AP service Super Bowl Sunday

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by kimronspringle, Mar 1, 2010.

1. I know I'm a little late on this, but we are still trying to iron out our new and improved Member Choice Limited Service with the AP.

On Super Bowl night no briefs or early leads moved on the Super Bowl. Our desker did not have the expertise or foresight to call the AP bureau and ask "What the hell is happening?" Instead our only Super Bowl gamer was a seventh lead writethru that moved at midnight.

We are just now trying to sort out whether this is our service or something was faulty with the AP. I'm just wondering if anyone had any kind of a similar experience.

Thanks for your help.
  2. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

1-212-621-1635 would be a good number to have around. If they can't help, ask for the service desk. And, make sure you transmission code (five characters) is handy.
  3. partain

partain Member

No offense, but the Super Bowl was nearly a month ago. And you're complaining about AP being slow?
  4. You guys are killing me. No, I'm not complaining about the AP being slow, nor am I looking for help contacting them.

We are trying to iron out some issues with our new Member Choice Limited Service. As a sidebar to that, it was mentioned that our Super Bowl gamer moved after midnight. The AP rep said that should not have been the case and we are trying to determine if it was something on our end or not. And to help determine that I thought I would see if anyone else that uses this board had a similar experience on Super Bowl night.
  5. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Don't you have a tech guy who is in charge of how AP integrates with your editorial system?
  6. Bob Crotchet

Bob Crotchet Member

We had no problems with the standard wire or Exchange that night.
Draft saved Draft deleted