1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"sloppy seconds"

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by starrman, Dec 3, 2008.

1. sg86

sg86 Member

The Canadian press actually had no idea what the phrase meant until someone likened it to "being credited with the second assist."

2. Double J

Double J Active Member

I'll never forget the scene in "Porky's" where Pee Wee is telling the other guys how it's going to happen with Cherry Forever.

"I got sloppy seconds, you got ticklish thirds, you got filthy fourths, you got following fifths, you got slippity-sliding sixths, and you can scrape her off the mattress, Mickey!!"

3. lono

lono Active Member

Ladies and gentlemen, I think Sheri has found a brilliant - and dare I say, satisfying — solution to the precipitous slide in newspaper circulation.

If her "blowjob" sold out every issue, just think what would happen if she threw in the occasional "hard," "moist," and "personal lubricant."

Genius. Genius, I tell you.

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

If?

My features were must-read, lono. :D

5. lono

lono Active Member

Your features were good, but it was you call-out boxes that were magical.

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Heh heh...you said box.

(am I going to get an indefinite suspension for saying something "offensive" like poor Sean Avery?)

7. lono

lono Active Member

Offensive, you?

8. Sheri

Sheri Member

Brilliant indeed–all thanks to a previous administration, one intern and a lackluster, uber-patriotic mass media post 9-11.
    The entangled threesome provided a rich fantasy ground for my inspiration which, of course, culminated in the sold-out blowjob column.

No lubricant required. Sometimes, mind-play beats the best foreplay.

9. lono

lono Active Member

An entangled threesome.

Rich fantasy ground.

No lubricant required.

A sold-out blowjob column.

I'm so with you on this one ... and, frankly, a little stunned that the Plain-Dealer hasn't hired you yet, Sheri, 'cause clearly, you are good enough to work there. Nice ... err ... job.

10. Sheri

Sheri Member

Ummm. that's not because they're currently promoting "gang printing" on their web site, right now, is it? Is it?? ;)

Actually, I've never heard of them and I can only hope the warm feeling your kind words elicted won't end up in disillusion and dismay when I realize they haven't printed a legitimate investigative piece in 75 years.

11. lono

lono Active Member

Work in the newspaper industry and have your warm feeling end up in delusion and dismay? That would never happen around here, right folks?

And, no, I don't do the gang thing. ;)

12. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

This thread is disturbing, in the best way, and I'm thankful that I have a new girlfriend and am not headed to the bar alone tonight with this thread in my head.

Draft saved Draft deleted