1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Sloppy Seconds" - What's the worst an ex (or current) has said about you?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Lugnuts, Dec 3, 2008.

1. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

After listening to Avery, it seems obvious to me that she dumped him. Methinks the gentleman asshole protests too much, if you know what I mean.

What's the worst your ex has said about you?

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Well, mine didn't talk about me on national TV. :D

(that I know of)

3. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

"He was just way too big."

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

My first girlfriend told people -- a lot of them -- that I hit her, which wasn't the case at all. ...

She was drunk and high; I found her face first on the elevator floor of our dorm about a half-hour before our encounter. I locked my door and stood in front of it, so I could talk without her fleeing. I'm yelling at her for "throwing her life away" -- which was more emotion than common sense, now that I think of it, but when you're young, in love, jilted and protective after a four-year relationship had ended, it's how you feel -- and she starts slapping me ... probably about eight or nine times, all while yelling, "Stop hitting me." Finally, I grab her hands to stop the hitting, and she takes a quick step back and trips over the corner of a bed next to the door.

I picked her up and said, "You know what? This is pointless," and I opened the door.

The next day, I got a death threat from a friend of hers, and I was approached by a bunch of people -- all who knew our situation -- asking me, "There's no way this is true, right?"

She's a peach.

5. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

He always finished on my grill.

6. Double J

Double J Active Member

Carly Simon wrote and recorded two songs about me. First she accused me of being so vain, then she told me nobody does it better. Talk about mixed messages...... :-\

7. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Jeez, let me get my hip boots, because it's getting damn deep in here.....

8. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

That was her complaint, yes.

9. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Two words:

Restraining order.

10. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

Who is this Avery?

11. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

;D

12. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

ducky,

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/posts/2199782/

Sean Avery said something about how there's a habit of other NHL players falling in love with his "sloppy seconds." because some guy is dating Elisha Cuthbert.

For saying "sloppy seconds" he got suspended indefinitely. The women who have posted on the NHL thread (aside from HC) think it's ridiculous.

Draft saved Draft deleted