1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SlingBox

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Lucas Wiseman, Oct 27, 2007.

1. Lucas Wiseman

Lucas Wiseman Well-Known Member

OK people I need some help... I want to watch the USF-UConn game this afternoon but the game is being broadcast regionally by ABC and thus is not available to me on my SlingBox in Wisconsin. Does anyone in the coverage area for this game have a SlingBox they aren't using and would be kind enough to let me tap into it? If you are able to help, please PM me.

Here's the coverage map...
    http://assets.espn.go.com/espntv/topics/coveragemaps/102707ABCCFB330pm.jpg

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Am I showing my dumbassery oldness if I ask - what's a sling box?
    Boss, if I had one it would be all yours.

3. Lucas Wiseman

Clearly you cannot help me. :)

www.slingbox.com

4. patchs

patchs Active Member

Yes, I am in the coverage area.
    Yes, I have a Slingbox.
    But it's hooked up to my DirecTV box and I am unable to get locals with the dish I have.
    Sorry Webby.
    And since you started the thread, what do you watch it on? Laptop? Phone?
    I have it on my Treo and it is awesome.

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I thought this thread was about Lindsay Lohan?

6. Satchel Pooch

Satchel Pooch Member

My Big Boss has that same setup and it is, indeed, freaking awesome. He was showing us a show that was on in the early afternoon at his house while we were in the office.

I wonder how much that costs a month, though. It would be worth if if you travel a lot (like he does). iPod Touch needs that feature.

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Good luck, Webby.

Thought I was going to have to do this, due to BS Big Ten Network wrangling, but it worked out and I'm getting Gophers hockey on regular cable.

8. patchs

patchs Active Member

All it costs is the Slingbox and software for your phone (it's free for your laptop or desktop).
    All you're doing is "slinging" your TV to another place, using your home wifi and your phone's data network.

9. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Why not go out to a sports bar like Buffalo Wild Wings? If they don't have it on, you could probably get them to put one of their many TVs on S. Florida.

Of course, it's not like watching the game in the comfort of your own home, but it's still a place to watch it.

10. Lucas Wiseman

I watch it on my laptop, especially when I travel internationally. Nothing better than being able to keep up with things when you are on the road. Love the SlingBox. Best invention ever.

11. patchs

patchs Active Member

I don't travel overseas but when my wife is trying on clothes at Macy's, that's when I appreciate it.

Draft saved Draft deleted