1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Slim-fitting shirt brands?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Dick Whitman, Oct 12, 2010.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

So I am quite frustrated that all polos, dress shirts, and casual shirts seem to be cut like a box. I'm assuming this is because most men are overweight, and clothes seem to be aimed at the largest possible market.

Any men on here had luck with brands that taper well so you don't have a big puffy bunch of material at the waist?

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

That's a cruel question to ask a bunch of sports writers, Dick.

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

UnderArmour

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Polo has slim-fit options. As does Brooks Brothers.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I thought this was about those shirts that they've been advertising that make you look 20 pounds thinner.

6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

7. Petrie

Petrie Guest

One thing you can try is going a size down and getting a tall size. I'm 5-foot-11/175, so instead of getting a large in some things, I'll get a medium tall.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I'm surprised that you were able to find an outfit that could make your penis appear even smaller.

9. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

I've always liked the blousier fit even when I was thinner. It's more traditionally American. As mentioned, Brooks Brothers has slim-fits. Try J.Crew, too. In Landsendspeak, "tailored" means slim-fit.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I believe Brooks Brothers has three different cuts, with a style between the traditional and slim-fit.

11. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

Dude, I have the same problem. This is an awesome thread. I'm 6-1, 170. I have a bunch of under armour shirts to work out in. I found a couple of 'athletic cut' t-shirts at Target once upon a time that seem to fit properly. As for polos, I found some at JC Penny's once that fit -- I bought mediums, so they fit properly around me but they are kinda short. The positive of that is they make my biceps look big!

12. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

How would you know? :D

Draft saved Draft deleted