1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Slightly Above-Average Super Bowl Trivia

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by nafselon, Jan 26, 2013.

1. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

And two of the three were MVP in the same game.

I know they were the first but believe White & Martin are also still the only co-MVPs in Super Bowl history.

2. Cubbiebum

Cubbiebum Member

3. If memory serves from reading old stories on it years ago, Ken Anderson in the 49ers first Super bowl (XVI). I believe it was mentioned that he had the most completions (25?) and one of the most prolific games (300 yards, 2 TDs) but his team lost. Cinci also had two 100+ yard receivers in that game.

3. ColdCat

ColdCat Well-Known Member

11. I know San Diego had the first 2-pointer in Super Bowl XXIX (trying furiously to comeback against the 9ers) but I have no clue who got it so I'll guess it was Stan Humphries

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I looked it up, so won't reveal it, but the Chargers actually had two 2-point conversions in that game. Both were passes, so you're half right.

5. ColdCat

ColdCat Well-Known Member

I was right that it was a pass? I only threw Humphries out there because if it was a run I'd have to remember how to spell Natron.

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Yep, it was a pass.
    And it's Natrone :D

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Off the top of my head, I'm going to guess that Super Bowls V and IX were the games where neither quarterback completed 50 percent of their passes.

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

After posting, I looked it up and I had one of two. In keeping with the spirit of Nafselon's contest, I won't tell which answer was right and which was wrong.

9. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

The shortest field goal is 8 yards ... before they moved the uprights to the back of the end zone. I know one was a Packer kicker, but I'm terrible with names.

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

2. I'll say Don Chandler and Jim Turner with 9-yard-field goals.

11. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

All the answers are up. Thanks for playing, will do another one next week.

Draft saved Draft deleted