1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sliding into DMs... and out of a job

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by typefitter, May 6, 2019.

1. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

This could be the end of Trump the Poin Files.

2. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

poin is eternal

3. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

No, KLF is eternal.

4. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

KRS is gonna rock you?

5. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

KMFDM doing it again

6. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Been thinking about impulse control. Don't know why this kicked it in; it should hit me like this every time something like this happens. But this time, it's been consuming my thoughts.

And let's be honest -- we all have impulses. We all see strangers in our day-to-day life that we want to know better, or at the most basic, we want to do the dirty with. But then there's the level of impulse control.

You can keep the social boundaries in mind all the time, don't do anything that will make the other person uncomfortable. You can ask that desirable co-worker for a date ... but that can be sexual harassment in the workplace. You can watch that person walk past for a second too long -- and get embarrassed when you're called on it.

Or you can do what this guy did. And what I'm having trouble comprehending, why I'd like to spend 10 minutes inside his head, is how you can stray so far from what's appropriate or even allowable.

Did he think this might work? Did he believe this was just how hooking up with a stranger works?

Do females of his acquaintance like to hear about how he would like to cum on their face? Would his best female friend find that acceptable?

Has he been living under a fucking rock for the last five years, through #metoo and Larry Nassar and Louie CK and Cosby? Hasn't he seen the offshoot of such behavior?

Is he so dense that he thinks he sends out DMs in a vacuum? Was he interested in self-immolation?

I'd just be really, really interested to know how this man's thought process came up with this.

Last edited: May 8, 2019
  7. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Maybe he just figured he’d never run for a political office...

8. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I’ve always found the Poin files to be more of a discussion of what appears to be an increasingly common social phenomenon that’s probably been going on for hundreds of years.

And it provides an opportunity to be amused by it, while realizing you sure as hell wouldn’t like it if it happened to your kid.

That’s where things kind of split - discussion on some odd message board versus reality, what happens in real life.

If you blur that split too much, everything will seem real too you, and you’ll never laugh at anything.

If you take that split and widen it too far, you’ll laugh at everything no matter how inappropriate. I fall into this latter category way too often.

But life is tough, and I like to laugh with no harm intended.

Fucking @freqposter keep up the good work and don’t vary from your schtick and online persona. You start doing that shit, and your whole act will fall apart and we will all have to denounce you.

9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Guaranteed this isn't he first time he did this.

10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Sometimes, you just really need to give a #cumtribute to a perfect stranger on the interwebs. That's my only explanation for it.

11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I cannot imagine how much poorer this place would be without the Poin Files.

12. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

justgladtobehere likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted