1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Slick Rick back in the game -- new UCLA coach

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MileHigh, Dec 29, 2007.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Be interesting to see how tight of a leash they put on Neuheisel considering his past transgressions.

Still, as a Bruins follower, I like the move.

http://uclabruins.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/122907aae.html

2. Bill Brasky

Bill Brasky Active Member

3. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

And the NCAA has a full-time investigator looking for an apartment in Westwood.

4. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

5. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

[​IMG]
    And all this time I thought he had been deported

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I don't think they had any choice. He was the only coach with experience above the high school level willing to take the job.

Seriously, when the coach at Temple turns you down, you're screwed.

7. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

As I wrote in the other "coaches" thread, Neuheisel should have been the successor to Donahue. All involved at the school then -- Donahue, AD Pete Dalis, Chancellor Chuck Young and all his bobo underlings -- screwed up in bringing Bob Toledo aboard as OCoor above Neuheisel, then promoting Toledo to coach.
    Now, it's up to Neuheisel to stay clean. This is the right choice.
    I don't know the inner workings of this, but it's possible Neuheisel was the choice all along but they had to put up a smokescreen (Bellotti, the dude from Temple) because he might not have been available until after the NFL season.

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

neuheisel is a piece of slimy shit. i couldn't think of a better town or community for this fuck to become a part of.

9. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Word of advice to Rick Neuheisel:

Reporters will be on your ass (about past transgressions) when you are losing
    And up inside it at press conferences, licking it, when you win.

10. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

I had forgotten about the 4.5 mil he received as a settlement from UW and the NCAA after his firing up there. Considering he was pretty much coaching the whole time, he's got to have a nice bank account.

11. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Did not know he crossed the picket line in 1987, either.

12. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i thought he was an unpaid assistant (QB) coach for rainier beach high school after leaving UDUB.

Draft saved Draft deleted