1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

sleep

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by leo1, Jul 6, 2006.

1. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

I have a hard time getting to sleep and staying asleep. Always have. Melatonin helps when I use it.

2. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

It depends on when I go to bed. I usually don't get in bed until 2, and even then I stay awake until 3:30 or 4.

Most nights I'll go to bed at 3:30ish and get up around 12:30 or 1 in the afternoon. I'm usually good to go then, but some days (like today) I don't feel like doing much of anything. The only things I did today was looked for apartments and emailed a few people I work with and talked to sportschick. I just didn't feel well this afternoon when I got up...I don't know what was wrong.

3. Jones

Jones Active Member

I like night sex, not morning sex. I prefer morning head. Then I don't have to worry about my breath being bad.

The risk, of course, is that if my ladyfriend has already had breakfast, my penis sometimes ends up smelling like Frankenberry.

4. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I suffer from the same problem.
    Even times like recently, when I'm sleeping within a fairly regular pattern, I wake up frequently.
    I read.
    If I'm in a good sleeping cycle, I'll fall back asleep in a half hour.
    If I'm in a bad sleeping cycle, I'll read the rest of the night/morning.

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

And you're finding companionship ... where?

:D

6. Jones

Jones Active Member

In the grocery store, dummy, next to the sugared cereals.

7. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

If I get to sleep in, a day where I don't have to be in until about 11 a.m. or so i ususally get aabout 8 hours. When I have to be at 7 or 8 a.m. I usually only get about 3 if I'm lucky because of writting on deadline and gettting up for early production.

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I'm a terrible sleeper. I try to make up for lost sleep with naps, but those are hard to come by, too.

9. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Tempted though I may be to comment on Jones' Frankenberry Cock, I'll add my two cents re: sleep.

I have two little kids. I'll take as much sleep as I can get.

10. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

My mom called the other day and asked if Doc and I had thought about having kids right away after the wedding. I told her "no.. we want to enjoy our marriage."

My response should have been, "No, we enjoy sleep."

11. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

It is the honest-to-God end of eight-hour sleep nights.

Between middle-of-the-night cries and early mornings, the days of eight hours of sleep ends the second the placenta hits the floor.

12. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Do they really just let the placenta fall on the floor?
    What if the couple wants to save it and eat it?

Draft saved Draft deleted