1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Slate: 'Parents are Junkies'

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Nov 13, 2010.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Parents hate closers, like shitty music by Pink Floyd and Rush and regularly delete posts on a message board?

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Yeah, but they don't stay 2 years old forever.

On the flip side, every time I see a father and son playing tennis or golf together, it reinforces my opinion to have kids.

3. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

Okay. Here's the situation. My parents went away on a week's vacation.

Seriously, I could wear out a keyboard writing about the peaks and valleys of parenthood. The fact is that being a parent means balancing your own priorities and interests with those of your children. Sometimes, those roads are the same. You can coach your son's Little League team or teach him how to bake. Sometimes, though, it's an either/or situation. And you often need to counterbalance kissing your DVD collection goodbye (due to scratched and lost disks) with having someone who can take out the trash or remind you that you're special.

What's nice about being a parent is that you learn to cherish your free time.

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

They aren't....AS FAR AS THEY KNOW

Draft saved Draft deleted