1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Slappy 1, Telemarketers 0

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by slappy4428, May 4, 2008.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Couple months ago, I got a phone call from a firm touting satellite dishes. I'm on the Do not call list and had been getting a bunch and it pissed me off.
    So I waited until the end, listened for the name of the company and number, as well as looking at it on the caller id.
    I filled out the form on the FCC website and that's it -- until yesterday, when I received a copy of their complaint against the owner of the company who was informed he was being fined up to $11,000 and had 30 days to file an appeal the nearest office to his location in Minot, N.D.
    Now, am sure he's going to bail and change company names before then, but it's nice to know that while I might not have shut him down, at least I caused him grief.

2. Re: Slappy 1, Telemarkers 0

Stick it to The Man, slap!

3. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

Re: Slappy 1, Telemarkers 0

my favorite thread of the day.

4. John

John Well-Known Member

I salute you, sir. It's dicks of the world like you that make society tolerable for the rest of us.

And your name came up a couple of times this weekend during my trip to New Orleans.

5. Re: Slappy 1, Telemarkers 0

Nice job, slaps

6. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Problem is you put yourself on the TELEMARKERS do not call list and the TELEMARKETERS didn't get word.
    So fix that and they'll leave you alone.

I put myself on several of those lists and I get more calls than ever. Magazine sales and police organizations are the worst.

7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Nah, he's not sticking it to The Man. Got one of these losers in the shit? Hell, for today slappy is The Man. :D

8. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Are telemarkers what John Madden uses?

9. pressmurphy

pressmurphy Member

If you kill a telemarketing company, it invariably goes into the books as "justifiable homicide."

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Thank you all... and if any of you are so incluned, it's
    GenerationX Solutions.
    Attn: (and I am not making this up) Ramana Kambhampati, President
    in Minot, NoDak...

If you get your call, tell 'em Slappy sent ya...

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

For being a dick or being tolerable...

State softball is in two weekends and I've met both of your replacements... it's going to be a long weekend with those two, Biggins and the TV geekette from Huntsville who wants everyone to carry her equipment for het...

Draft saved Draft deleted