1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Slap Bet Alert - CBS

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JayFarrar, Apr 23, 2007.

1. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

If TV Guide is to be believed, How I Met Your Mother is repeating the Slap Bet episode tonight.
    The episode was arguably the funniest thing on television in 2006.

2. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Remind me. Slap bet?

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Well done, Jay. It was a minute or two in before I realized it, too late to go to the computer to post the alert.

Great stuff on a second viewing, too.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

An episode of How I Met Your Mother.

In it, we learn Robin was an 80s teen pop singer in Canada. She did a mall tour ala Tiffany which is why she refuses to go to malls now. Barney bets Marshall during the course of the show. The stakes are either 10 slaps delivered all at once or five delivered without warning at any time.

It is pee your pants hilarious.

5. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Gotta love it...

6. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

That was the best episode ever of that show. I downloaded Let's Go to the Mall and put it on wife's Ipod every once in a while just for shits and giggles.

7. outofplace

Further proof of the genius of the slap bet...

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I bet on what now?

9. outofplace

Actually, the 10 or five was a combination of losing the bet and punishment for premature slappage.

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Best episode ever... I'd probably go as far as to say it ranks with any sitcom episode since Seinfeld went off the air... There are a few Office episodes that would be up there and there was the Raymond episode where Robert's girlfriend eats flies. This one is right there...

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I just discovered that they changed the title to "Robin Sparkles" on my Tivo...

Not cool... :)

12. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Just watched it online. Truly excellent.
    Just for the record: I'd take my 10 slaps like a man, rather than the five over forever.

Draft saved Draft deleted