1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sky is blue, water is wet, Clay Aiken is gay

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Sep 23, 2008.

1. By the way, Wikipedia says Aiken is third in album sales, actually ahead of Daughtry (so far).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top-selling_American_Idol_alumni

2. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

Yes, but that's mostly because Aiken has 4 releases in 5 years...Daughtry has one and it's by far the highest seller of the two combined.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Aiken had quite the head start.

4. I know. I agree with both of you. I'm just pointing out a fact that surprised me.

5. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

It is kind of surprising, but the trend has to be scary for Aiken:

2,780,000 sold to 1,400,000 sold to 528,000 sold to 151,000 sold.

6. Mizzougrad96

Albums also sold a hell of a lot better in 2002-03 than they do now.

The most amazing thing on that list (thanks for posting it BTW) is what an epic failure Taylor Hicks has been. Wow!

7. No kidding. His second album sold 3,300!?! I know people who OWN more CDs than that.

8. Mizzougrad96

I was on my way to having that many until I discovered Napster, Kazaa, eMule and the torrent sites... :D

9. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I did at one point. That's just pathetic. I could sell that many CDs of me singing.

10. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Misogyny, misogyny, misogyny ...

[​IMG]

11. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

why is it amazing that the karaoke singer who won the worst season of idol is so low on album sales?

12. Mizzougrad96

I actually thought that was a pretty good season, even though Daughtry should have won.

Season 3 was the worst season by far. Jennifer Hudson is the only one who even has a decent chance at having a decent career and that will have more to do with movies that music.

Draft saved Draft deleted