1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Skunked dog

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 21, Aug 27, 2011.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It took $40 worth of tomato juice and about a week and I had a small dog at the time.

2. shockey

shockey Active Member

in '77, a tomato juice bath attempted by myself and four other 20-year-old well-intentioned idiots on my dog skippy. she still reeked, the saddest sight was seeing all wo loved her shun her during this time.

only a trip to the vet for a 'skunk bath' did the trick. she emerged the best-smelling mutt on the planet!! ;) :D 8)

it took just one $10 visit to do the trick.

3. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Tomato juice is fairly useless but you can get stuff at any pet store that works fairly well. One of our dogs got skunked TWICE in four months, both times the day before we were leaving on a trip. The first time all our clothes were laid out in the living and the smell followed us 200 miles to Niagara Falls. We had to guy new sweatshirts to stay warm. We ended up leaving the piece of luggage in a hotel parking lot outside Toronto because it smelled so bad! Fresh air is the best thing for the house.

Draft saved Draft deleted