1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Skip Prosser of Wake Forest...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by CRM, Jul 26, 2007.

1. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Oh, that wasn't my intention, my friend. But I'm just thinking that's what they'll do.

2. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Oh I know, but I also know how quickly threads spin out of control. See Michael Vick threads.

3. accguy

accguy Member

Skip is/was one of my all-time favorites. In a business filled with scumbags, he was an absolute saint.

He was a decent human being, he cared, he appreciated people, he was genuine. He was, simply put, the absolute opposite of virtually every high-major Division I basketball coach out there.

4. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Never really knew Prosser, but he seemed like a decent guy, which would, in fact, separate him from most Division I basketball coaches. One of the sleeziest professions in sports.

5. Mighty_Wingman

Mighty_Wingman Active Member

Absolutely right. A class guy, and one I wish I'd been around more. He'll be missed.

RIP, Skip. Prayers for the family.

6. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

JB, I echo the same. It would have been fun to see Skip coach in Carver-Hawkeye in November/December?

Everytime I watched Skip coach, he resembled Frank Flanagan, the rambunctious gossip writer from "The Adventures of Ellery Queen" t.v. series in 1976.

Prayers and condolences to Nancy, the boys, and Wake Forest U.

Totally devastating.

7. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

AP is holding for confirmation from Wake Forest.

8. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Well, there is another reason for that......

9. That sucks.
    I covered his son at Wheeling Central. Skip was a good guy to deal with.

RIP

10. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

As others have said, W-S has confirmed it.

11. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

Guy moved from the lowest class of West Virginia high school basketball to the ACC, and appreciated every minute of it. RIP, SKIP.

12. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

^BC-APNewsAlert,0026
    WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. (AP) — Wake Forest says men's basketball coach Skip Prosser has died.

I'm stunned. RIP, Skip.

Draft saved Draft deleted