1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Skip Bayless skipping out

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Apr 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Bayless is at most 5 percent more of a shithead than any of those people tweeting. Less of a shithead in some cases (Whitlock, Travis).

3. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

People watch First Take. Skip Bayless is a star on that network.

Something seems afoot here. I've heard rumblings that the climate of ESPN is decidedly, heavily liberal at this point, and I could see some men with stubborn, conservative-leaning worldviews and opinions just saying no thanks. I thought it fueled Cowherd's departure, to be frank. Fox is a home for all that stuff, that's for sure.

Deadspin will be happy tho.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Can I just say I hate the term "hot take?"

I think it's what is used to be known as an ill-informed opinion, only louder.

SFIND, SpeedTchr and Inky_Wretch like this.
  5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

No, as I understand it, a hot take is something different ... It's deliberately crafted to be contradictory or in some other way stand out from the pack, and may not be (probably isn't) the true opinion of the author.

Skip pioneered it.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

So my take on hot takes was a hot take? Dammit!

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

With Stephen A in the trunk

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Which is different than the Subway Fresh Take. Which apparently has something to do with novice alter boys

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I've never understood why what some detached journo thinks is any more insightful or meaningful than "Joe in Wichita on line 3."

Ace likes this.
  10. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Because it's sponsored. That will change once you get the Trojan "First Time/Long Time" Listener Line established.

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Are people specifically tuning in to see him and/or SAS or is it because they instinctively put the TV on ESPN?

poindexter and sgreenwell like this.
  12. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I've ALWAYS thought that this was the case. Like, that you could put anything vaguely sports-related on in the morning, and it'll get some ratings. Loud Screaming Morning Show or Mike & Mike probably does better than the 15th airing of Sportscenter, but it's hard for me to believe that Skip and SAS actually have huge fan followings that watch them regularly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.