1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Skip Bayless on the racial preferences of Redskins fans

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Alma, Aug 20, 2012.

1. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Imagine you're a Chiefs fan (like me). Most of us would give our left pinky to have the success Moon and McNair had. Fuck, McNair took the Titans to the SUPER BOWL, something that last happened to the Chiefs when I was minus-7 years old.

Trade for RG3, I say! All these damn honkies the Chiefs keep rolling out lose in the playoffs.

2. Drip

Drip Active Member

Great post.
    We've got people on this message board who fawn over some journalists as if they're heroes. This just in: They aren't.

3. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

He's the Roger Clinton of Rick Bayless' family.

4. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Did Bayless say "some" or "most". "Some" I would agree with. "Most"? I dunno; up for debate.

5. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Victims? How are they victims? (Unless perhaps they happened to be the backup QB at the time.)

Never thought of fans as victims. They can (and do) change allegiances anytime they wish.

6. joe king

joe king Active Member

Your sarcasm meter seems to be broken.

7. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Talk about hitting the iceberg. I feel like I'm sinking with the ship and singing Nearer My God to Thee...

RG3 won't be sunk by racial-preference fans. If anything he'll be sunk by Dan Snyder, because the owner always finds a way to F up something good.

Personally, I think Washington has a solid chance with these QB's. RG3 hasn't looked bad so far and Kirk Cousins has looked solid. We'll see. :)

8. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Bayless has, as lawyers say, assumed facts not in evidence.

9. podunk press

podunk press Active Member

I'm a Redskins fan.

My best friend is black. My wife's best friend is Asian. I have a diverse group of friends ... because the Baltimore-Washington area, for the most part, is a diverse area.

And I think RGIII is the best quarterback the Redskins have, and I'm rooting for him to become a star and Kirk Cousins to hopefully morph into a good enough backup that Rex Grossman can be released.

I heard Skip Bayless said this. Someone told me. I don't watch him, or read him or respect his opinion. Honestly, I'm not even sure if he's on Twitter because I don't follow people who sit in studios and yell at people. After all, if they have to yell, then their opinions probably can't stand on their own.

I'd like to invite Skip to stop yelling for a little bit, actually work a weekend like the rest of the sports journalism community and get to know, and understand, the greater Washington area. I'd love to personally host him on this tour to show him that we embrace EVERYONE in this region and race simply does not play a role here.

10. Yodel

Yodel Active Member

Excellent.

11. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Don't watch the guy. And refuse to use his name.

Nothing hurts more than being ignored.

Ignore the manipulative loser. And pray that sooner or later, he'll be gone.

12. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Will Leitch: Please Stop Feeding Skip Bayless.

http://nymag.com/daily/sports/2012/08/please-stop-feeding-the-skip-bayless.html

Draft saved Draft deleted