1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Skip Bayless on the racial preferences of Redskins fans

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Alma, Aug 20, 2012.

1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I'm rooting for Cousins, not because I'm white, but because I'm a Giants fan. :D

2. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

I understand where's he coming from and think he has a point. Some people want to root for people who have more in common with themselves.

Imagine yourself a fan of the Houston Oilers/Tennessee Titans. You've endured years of Warren Moon, Steve McNair and now here comes Vince Young. Would that be enough to make you want to change allegiances?

3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Must have been awful having to deal with Moon and McNair. They would have been better off with Leaf and Tim Couch.

4. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

Maybe the second time I've agreed with you, dude. Or third. But worth noting :)

5. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Holy fuck. We've hit the fucking iceberg.

6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Its not 1956.

Its 2012.

All the old fucks who worried about Great White Hopes and drinking fountains for coloreds are all pretty much dead.

7. Cubbiebum

Cubbiebum Member

Well my brother, who is white, is a Titans fan and he rooted for Young until it became apparent that he was trash and didn't put the work in. He also owns a Steve McNair jersey.

8. Drip

Drip Active Member

I hate to disappoint Poin but there are many still around and there are some new converts.

9. Cubbiebum

Cubbiebum Member

Why'd you have to pick something that is white? You racist?

10. Drip

Drip Active Member

Some icebergs are clear.

11. Cubbiebum

Cubbiebum Member

Sure but they are hardly the majority. Skip talks as if everyone is like the racist extremists.

12. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Skip Bayless is a relentless cynic (or, at least, represents himself as such). He's consistently argued against the good in humanity and progress of any kind. It's why we don't take him seriously, and it's why he makes statements like this. He has us pegged for a group of reactionary idiots who will continue to pour money into his bank account because we can't stop giving him the spotlight. The shame is, he's right.

Draft saved Draft deleted