1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Skip Bayless leaving ESPN

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Old Time Hockey, Apr 26, 2016.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

How can anyone talk about Skip and quarterbacks without mentioning his man crush on Tebow?

By all accounts, outside of live sports, FS1 is unwatchable. But fixing it by picking up ESPN rejects seems another recipe for disaster.

studthug12 likes this.
  2. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

I'm sure there might be an intial spike, curious viewers wanting to see how Skip will be different at FS1 and what they will have him do. I was curious about Cowherd there, so I tuned in for the first couple of shows.

But like Cowherd, I'm sure people will realize Skip is just doing more of the same and that spike will quickly vanish.

HanSenSE likes this.
  3. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

4. da man

da man Well-Known Member

5. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

6. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Seems like all over the sports TV world, the people who make programming decisions have the least sense of anyone about what people want. A random selection of fans at a bar could put more compelling programming on the air.

I say this having watched that Michael and Jemele SportsCenter commercial about a dozen times this weekend. The cult of personality they are trying to make us believe surrounds these people ... man, talk about living in a bubble.

8. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

A Bristol bubble at that.

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

What do people want from sports TV? Live sports. Then more live sports, then still more, and so on. After about 20 still mores, there's "highlight show that's somewhat comprehensive. It'd help if the hosts were funny, but we'll settle for not annoying." The rest can be dispensed with.

Lugnuts likes this.
  10. HanSenSE

Still waiting to see his numbers vs. "Sofia The First." It's big stuff for the preschool set.

Lugnuts and jr/shotglass like this.
  11. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I'll speak for parents of preschool girls. You gotta DVR Sofia so you have it ready in case of emergency.

12. HanSenSE

Did the same thing when helping the now-ex babysit her grandkids. And she even had the ET and PT feeds of Disney Channel. Kids had no idea they'd seen the same episode twice in the same day.

Draft saved Draft deleted