1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Skip Bayless leaving ESPN

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Old Time Hockey, Apr 26, 2016.

1. Old Time Hockey

Old Time Hockey Active Member

2. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

3. Skip Bayless >>>> Screamin' A

But I will not miss Skip at the WWL. Now FS1 has Skip Bayless, Clay Travis, Jason Whitlock and Colin Cowherd. A Mount Rushmore of polarizing sports media men.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

What the hell is this doing on the journalism thread?

SnarkShark and sgreenwell like this.
  5. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Is it DB Week around here?

Last edited: Apr 27, 2016
    HanSenSE likes this.
  6. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I'll put this here since the other thread went off the rails and got locked:

Last edited: Apr 28, 2016
  7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

As a 21st Century Fox (very small) stockholder, I am appalled at the above tweet.

8. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

You wouldn't have that problem if you only invested in gold.

wicked likes this.
  9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I don't know how much he worked at ESPN, but figure the hours will be longer at FS1. I think Fox is kidding themselves. Bayless, Whitlock and Cowherd are seasonings, they aren't the steak.

wicked, HanSenSE and studthug12 like this.
  10. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

They are headline generators, right? Isn't that why they are actually somewhat sought after when ESPN has no use for them? They are the human equivalent of clickbait, and these companies deal in clicks.

BDC99 likes this.
  11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Cowherd's getting ratings indicating only blood relatives are watching. I haven't heard Whitlock's name in months until this thread started. Bayless will suffer the same fate. I mean, he and Stephen A. drew an audience of 500,000 and were thought a big hit. I'm guessing he'll see a 75 percent dropoff minimum at FS1.

12. studthug12

studthug12 Active Member

Agree 100 percent. Whitlock hasn't done jack in months. Every about 2 months I see a Tweet of him sending out a story. I don't consider Whitlock a big name, not even close in realm of Cowherd, Bayless. At sports event I bet you could ask 100 people and maybe 2 would know who Whitlock is particularly a young audience and around half would know Cowherd/Bayless. Amazing that Skip Bayless can argue the most idiotic points and get this much of a following. Tweeted in 2014 Johnny Manziel would make Cleveland sports fans forget LeBron. LOL. Come on. Always brags about how smart he is about drafts, but every QB he says will be great stinks. Good place for him FS1 where he won't be heard like Cowherd.

Draft saved Draft deleted