1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Skip Bayless as a writer

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SkiptomyLou, Sep 25, 2011.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

My Life as a House. Discuss

2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Hit-and-run artist.

Ask Troy Aikman.

3. Drip

Drip Active Member

Damn will the stupidity EVER end around here? Obviously he's never read anything Bayless wrote. All he asked was some opinions of him and it's obvious that many of those commenting have never read Skip's work when he was at the Morning News either.
    For the record, despite Skip's ego, he was a very solid journalist and not a bad writer. He got the job done better than most.

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Yeah, but he's insufferable on the Mouse (yes, it's a role, but he fits it to a T), so he's not going to get an inch of slack, here.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

He brilliantly marketed himself after the Times Herald folded. If I'm not mistaken, he started a Cowboys newsletter, got a shitload of paid subscribers and eventually parlayed that into columnist jobs in Dallas, Chicago and San Jose.

There are a lot of former writers on ESPN who now are paid a fortune to make outrageous statements and clown around on any of the countless shows that employ them.

But it's safe to say all were pretty brilliant writers at one stage in their career. They're not there by accident.

6. Drip

Drip Active Member

Damn good memory. wink, wink.

7. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

Are you hitting on Mizzou?

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Skip Bayless vs. Jim Thome. Discuss.

9. Mizzougrad96

Yeah, I have no idea what that was...

10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

He wasn't suggesting you're Skip? Was he?

11. Mizzougrad96

There have been some random guesses as to my identity, but that one would definitely be the most random.

12. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

He's no Jon Saraceno if that's what you're getting at.

Draft saved Draft deleted