1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Skewering Rosie Live

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HejiraHenry, Nov 28, 2008.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

She's in a tough spot. She's the token conservative on a very liberal show and she's supposed to trade barbs with three comediennes.

The show would be a lot more interesting if they had hired Patricia Heaton instead of Sherri Shepherd. (Heaton turned them down.)

2. Double J

Double J Active Member

She probably also learned well before college that fire can in fact melt steel, a fact that somehow escaped BU dropout Rosie.

3. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Geez, you might as well show hockey with those ratings.

4. Mizzougrad96

Why would anyone under the age of 60 think that anyone has any interest in watching a variety show?

5. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

Yeah and JDV was a Berkeley Law School grad.

6. Double J

Double J Active Member

They probably figured that audiences enthralled by "American Idol," "So You Think You Can Dance" and other performance-related TV blockbusters would go for it.

The truth is, they very well might. They just don't want to see the Rosie Variety Hour.

7. Double J

Double J Active Member

There's not that big of a leap between the reality shows I cited and variety shows.

8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

If the American public will watch 'American Idol,' 'So You Think You Can Dance,' 'America's Got Talent,' 'Home Makeover' or whatever it's called, and 'Deal or No Deal,' we have become so detestably vapid and empty that we will watch anything.
    I'm shocked that the new Rosie show wasn't a big hit.

9. Mizzougrad96

Give her a talk show during the daytime and it will be a hit.

Anything else... Epic fail.

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

The only thing worse than Skewering Rosie live would be ....

11. Mizzougrad96

Watching the movie: Riding the Bus With My Sister

12. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Saw just a few moments early in the show, and either I had way too much wine or she has had way too much plastic surgery on what most people would describe as their face.

Draft saved Draft deleted