1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Skechers Shape Ups

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by SEC Guy, May 3, 2010.

1. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Ridiculous. The shoes (and others that preceded these) force you to use different muscles, so you feel like you're getting a workout. And if you've never worked out, you might actually burn a few extra calories as your body adapts to a different posture and stride. But once you've made the physical adjustment, that's all you get.

Save your money, buy a good running/walking shoe, and get a real workout.

2. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Remember these?

[​IMG]

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

21 hates them but I wear and park in handidcap spaces. No one ever questions it. They think I have something wrong with my legs.

4. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Jimmy like.

[​IMG]

5. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

I had a pair of strength shoes, but wearing them faithfully for six months did not get me any closer to the rim than I was at before. Sigh.

rb

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Probably got you farther away. It can be a real turnoff with the ladies. It reminds them of their Uncle Leo with one leg shorter than the other.

7. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

JIMMY'S DOWN!

8. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Save the money on strength shoes, walk on your toes all day.

9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Dear manufacturers:

Give me something that you promise will help me lose weight but will require no decrease in calorie consumption nor any increase in exercise or heart rate.

Thanks,

America

10. Karl Hungus

Karl Hungus Member

If you're looking for an alternative to the ridiculousness that is Sketchers Shape Ups, there is the Nike Free. That's been on the market for 5-6 years now, but mostly under the radar. Feels like you're walking barefoot.

11. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

If you buy those shoes in an attempt to lose weight or whatever, you're a sucker. However, if you have foot problems/issues, those shoes are apparently great. I know my family's foot doctor recommends them whenever he can.

12. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

What kind of foot problems?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
Draft saved Draft deleted