1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SJ user SteveU had a stroke

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spikechiquet, Jul 12, 2018.

1. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

I did tell him everyone misses him. I'm not sure if he has his old password, etc.

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I would think that the mods could be of help there. Special case.

3. Pony_Express

Pony_Express Member

How is SteveU these days?

expendable likes this.
  4. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Thanks for the reminder ... From Facebook on Oct. 9 to the union members:
    "Hi, all. Heard from Steve this afternoon. He continues physical and occupational therapy, building up his body to do some of the routine things that make up day. As usual, his attitude is great.
    However, he was unhappy about his St. Louis Cardinals losing in the baseball playoffs. I reminded him that at least his team made the playoffs (my Pittsburgh Pirates didn’t — again).
    Our conversation was cut short a bit because he was called for a physical therapy session (in the background I heard a voice mention him going to be on the parallel bars)."

A FB post from late August on his page indicated he is able to stand for a few seconds at a time as well. So the slow road to recovery continues.

ChrisLong likes this.
  5. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Did SJ ever do anything for him? Is he in rehab or the hospital?

Draft saved Draft deleted