1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

sj tourists

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HoopsMcCann, Feb 8, 2008.

1. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

*sigh*

2. Cadet

Cadet Guest

It was IJAG's phrase, referring to my ex-boyfriend, who himself called it the "Frankenpenis."

3. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

I have come to this site pretty much every day since the Rich Johnson days for a few reasons.

As far as message boards go this is by far the most intelligent in terms of the variety of posters. If it is true that comedy is for people who think and tragedy for people who feel than this board shows that there are some pretty sharp folks here. The retorts and banter while often juvenile and low brow still shows evidence of intelligence. This can in turn lead to a pretty good debate on something provide it does not spiral too far. I thought one of the more recent Wal-Mart threads was some good reading.

The links are great, not only sports but news, pop culture, etc.

As someone stuck in middle management and a huge sports fan I sort of get to live vicariously thru the people on the board. I have been disabused of the notion that sports writing is glamorous but it still seems like a dream job to me.

I think though that the number one reason I come here is… KILLER STYLO.

4. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Ok, fine, whatever. Can we never, ever mention it again? Please?

5. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

no picking on moddy!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Moddy is Robin Williams?

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Nice post Iron_Chet.

Thanks.

8. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Not that there's anything wrong with that ...

9. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

I nominate Iron_chet as our Lurker of the Year. Of course, like the SI jinx, my having done so ensures that nothing will come of it. Sorry I_c.

10. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Don't forget chotchnozzle (Hi Moddy!). :D

Funny enough, this site was earmarked on the terminal at a previous shop. And look what I stumbled into.

And, for now, I'm out of the business. Do I need to file formal exit papers? Subject myself to an exit interview, too?

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

A strip search should be sufficient, Sam.

12. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Iron_chet, we now expect 1,000 posts out of you by the summer solstice. Get to it.

Draft saved Draft deleted