1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

sj tourists

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HoopsMcCann, Feb 8, 2008.

1. Kaylee

Kaylee Member

Probably the same reason why people sometimes call our paper and ask things like "How do you think the [team name here] are gonna do this year?"

People on the outside looking in have this assumption that all we do is sit around on our well-marbled bottoms and shoot the shit about sports all day long. They're shocked to find that, unlike many of them, we have lives, outside interests and actual work we have to do.

Your typical fanboy simply sees something with "sports" in the title and assumes this would be just like all the other places he goes to shoot off ignorant shit about sports.

And, granted, there is ignorant shit by the bargeload on here at times. Just, thankfully, not that vintage.

2. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Come for the banter...stay for the namecalling!

3. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

I think that, anymore, it's to find out if mike311gd ever gats laid.

4. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I think most of them come for the free nachos.

5. Wait a minute, didn't he a get a McGriddle and a blowjob from an exgirlfriend like two weeks ago?
    if so, is he on the President "I've never had sexual relations with that woman" Clinton line?
    What gives.

6. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Wait, there are free nachos?

7. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Dammit, I have got to start keeping up on my memos around here.

8. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

You and me, both.

9. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

This was an underrated post.

10. Tripp McNeely

Tripp McNeely Member

I'm actually in the business so maybe I'm way off base here.

But, I have to say this is one of the most intelligent message boards around. There's less "trolls" here than the average board and I find a lot of my friends who are sports fans love to read this board because they find a lot of news on this board before it REALLY hits the national scale. Also, there's a wide variety of opinions on here. It's a pretty well-rounded board.

Or, they could just be stupid, like some people have said. :)

11. spnited

spnited Active Member

Geez, did I really need to blue font my original post?

12. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Hoops, I used to wonder the same thing... then I realized some of my favorite posters here are not in the biz.

Draft saved Draft deleted