1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SJ Rep Primary II - McCain/ Romney/ Huckabee/ Rudy

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Jan 21, 2008.

?

Cast your vote

1. McCain

75.0%
  2. Mitt

8.3%
  3. Huck

16.7%
  4. Rudy

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Re: SJ Primary - McCain/ Romney/ Huckabee/ Rudy

The last two states I've lived in had open primaries, and I might very well cross over this year because of a couple of statewide races. The GOP will win them, and I want to have some sort of say in who holds them.

I have no clue who I'd vote for in the GOP presidential primary though, probably McCain.

2. crimsonace

crimsonace Well-Known Member

My state's primary, I think, is something like 10 days after the convention :).

Anyway, my vote is for Fred right now, although I don't think he'll be in the race long enough for me to actually get to vote for him. Mitt is my No. 2 choice (actually, Ron Paul is, but see Fred).

I may be an evangelical, but no right-thinking Republican should ever vote for a hard-core statist like Huck.

3. Re: SJ Primary - McCain/ Romney/ Huckabee/ Rudy

On the other hand, Mitt's been burnishing his hipster credentials.
    http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2008/01/21/politics/fromtheroad/entry3734680.shtml

(I know. I posted this on three threads but it's worth it for the hilarity involved.)

4. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

Almost as unintentionally funny and awkward as Dubya's infamous African drum dance a few years back. (which will be played in a continuous loop in 50 years when historians are speaking about the Bush presidency)

"Who Let the Dogs Out?" Seriously? Has Mitt ever come in contact with an African American before?

5. markvid

markvid Guest

Were they yelling "MORE ICE TEA, MF'ERS!"

6. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Fred the Undead has somehow moved into second place.

And I didn't even vote for him.

7. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

That speaks volumes about the rest of the field.

8. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

May this go down in history with Dukakis in the tank and Kerry in hunting gear.

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Or Kerry in the body condom.

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I am sure this is my partisan thinking, but to me it seems the Dems have 2-3 candidates who could be good presidents, while the GOPers have a gang of guys with some fundamental flaws.

I like McCain best, though we are apart on some major issues. But he seems to have a temper that may not play so well. The fact that the rightest of the right wingers despise him is gravy, though.

11. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

That's fine with me, if Romney wins his party's nom and ends up losing like those two.

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

And Fightin' Fred, currently in second on SportsJournalists.com, is out of the race.

Draft saved Draft deleted