1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SJ Nation, Madhavok got a job !

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Madhavok, May 12, 2009.

1. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

UPDATE:
    So I got a job at Nike a few weeks ago and so far so good. It's only as seasonal job through October but that works out perfect for me. Finally, income is on the way and it couldn't come at a better time: I've been living rent free at a friend's place and will hopefully have my new place on August 1 or sooner depending on funds and such.

I'm also on the hunt for a second job and basically work my arse off this summer.

However, I've been told of a position at the resort (Breckenridge Ski Resort) where I work in the winter on the terrain park as a Lead/Tester that will be opening up soon. It's the event manager job and I'd basically be working with ski/snowboard companies on photo/video shoots, contests, events and team related stuff. It's right up my alley and I'm working on an outline for a presentation I plan on making to the chief operating officer of vail resorts. She's also been a fan of me since I started there two years ago. Well, not a presentation, but basically something that shows I'm fit for the job due to my experience and motivation.

Here's hoping.

2. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Good luck dude.

3. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Best of luck.

4. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

Thanks guys, really. There was a time where I thought I hit rock bottom and didn't know how I was going to get by. Thanks, again.

5. AMacIsaac

AMacIsaac Guest

Fingers crossed for you, MH.

6. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I know that feeling all too well. Hope this is a sign that things are looking up.

Draft saved Draft deleted