1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SJ Nation, help me decide between Toronto and LA for vacation this summer

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by schiezainc, Mar 28, 2009.

1. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Ok folks, you gave me great advice last summer when I was planning a trip to Florida. This time around, my buddies and I are debating between going cross-country to LA (Flight, Hotel, Rental Car) and just renting a car, driving the eight hours to Toronto and spending the week there.

What do you suggest? Which would you choose? Got any great ideas for things to do?

A little background: As a group, we like to spend our money on activities and sightseeing, love theme parks like Disney and don't really care too much about food as a whole. We'll go to a nice restaurant one of the days but the rest of the time is spent eating as cheaply as possible as to save money. I'm the sole baseball fan but I could probably convince them to go see a Blue Jays game if Toronto is the choice or a Dodgers game if LA is the choice.

Also, we really love strip clubs, so that's a plus.

The proposed dates for travel are either July 9th-16th or August 13th-20th. It's flexible though.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Go to Toronto. I don't want you in my half of the hemisphere.

3. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Uh, SUMMER?

Toronto.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Shit. I was gonna say something like that and add the [/imjustagirl], but, well, you beat me to it.

5. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

You lie.

6. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Ow, that's harsh. Nice, but harsh.

No, strip clubs are awesome. Truth be told, it's one of the things that have us leaning towards Toronto.

7. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

I say neither. To make LA worth it you would have to rent a car and make side trips - Santa Barbara, San Diego, etc. Toronto is really cool, but I'm not sure about staying there the whole week. Instead, make the drive a little farther north in Canada and split your week between Montreal and Quebec City. QC has a European feel to it and is one of the most undervalued cities in North America.

8. RossLT

RossLT Guest

I would pick LA, just cause the one time I went there for a week I had a blast. I have never been to Toronto but have heard it is a cool place to visit.

9. pseudo

pseudo Active Member

Y'all got passports? You'll need them to cross the border after June 1.

Otherwise, cross-country flight vs. eight-hour drive? Even if I didn't already love Toronto, I know which way I'd lean.

10. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

You're slipping, Beej.

11. JC

JC Well-Known Member

If it's strip clubs you want go to Canada and it's not close

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

I'm not sure what's the bigger sham (a ha!) these days: My bitterness or my youngness. Well, actually, it's my hackness, but that's not the point.

Draft saved Draft deleted