1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SJ Fashion Police: Shorts with a blazer and/or tie

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Aug 1, 2008.

?

What do you think of this trend?

1. Like it

5 vote(s)
    12.2%
  2. Hate it

36 vote(s)
    87.8%
  1. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Well, I know what I'm wearing in Baltimore then.

2. If you wear that to Baltimore, then fuck it. I'm not going. I am not showing up with you wearing clothes like that. Now, if you want to look cool, wear leather pants like Joe did in Seattle. That was fucking awesome.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

They shall know us by our calves and knees!

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

GB, you can wear a dog-flesh toga and I won't care as long as you do more rap lyrics.

5. Rap lyrics, absolutely. Togas, absolutely not. I may be scarred for life.

6. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

I have that tie.

7. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I think the jacket defeats the purpose of the shorts.
    You wear shorts when it is hotter, so adding a jacket doesn't make much sense.
    When the weather got cooler, I could see, and have done, a sweatshirt with shorts, or a sweater with shorts, but a jacket and tie with shorts, is just silly.

8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

9. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be caught dead with this "ensemble."

And does that dark shoes thing carry over to black sneakers? I haven't owned white sneakers of any sort since Clinton was in office. I don't think white shoes/sneakers will do anything for my legs. :)

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I love wearing a thermal shirt with a T-shirt over it, no matter what's guarding my gear. It's a matter of comfort for me.

11. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

GQ did a much better job describing the trend in a past issue, about a month or two ago.

12. KG

KG Active Member

I'm sure you could have taken a date if you'd dressed better.

Really I only say that because my senior prom date was 6'5 (a full foot taller than me) and wore tails. With his hair line and the way he kept his facial hair, he had this vampire look to him. I'm not sure what's worse...the vampire look or the formally dressed beach bum.

Draft saved Draft deleted