1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SJ.com's Facebook page

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Stitch, May 13, 2011.

1. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/83438/

2. Matt Stephens

Matt Stephens Well-Known Member

Oh wow, thanks for posting that. To me, that announcement says SportsJournalists.com will now have an official site board rather than just a forum along with some kind of blog / news experience.

3. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

It's still there. It just hasn't been active in months.

4. Illino

Illino Member

Are you all really so paranoid that you aren't going to like a page on Facebook?

If your username is nothing like your real name and doesn't give away your location, how is anyone ever going to know if you actually post or just read along? I, for one, trolled this site for over a year before I joined up, as did several people I know.

Now, I agree that the posting on the SJ Facebook page wasn't the best choice, but that's absolutely no reason to avoid it like the plague. And if you are so worried, put your Facebook privacy on complete lockdown, so non-friends can't see anything.

5. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

What's the use of liking it, since it doesn't really get updated much? There's been what, two updates?

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Hell, there's people on this thread page I have on blast. I don't want them seeing me on facebook...

Draft saved Draft deleted