1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SJ.com's Facebook page

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Stitch, May 13, 2011.

1. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Agreed. I think we need as many posts as possible saying so.

Embarrassing.

2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

+1

Sincere best-of-luck to the new owners, but drawing handfuls of brand-new political trolls who earn their living outside of this business and don't have an original thought in their heads is not a positive.

3. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Honestly, I doubt anyone will arrive at SJ because they heard about it on Facebook. This isn't exactly a new site.

But it's probably worth pointing out that the 2008 Pearlman quote was meant as a criticism of SJ, not praise.

This site has essentially been shaped by people in sports media and related businesses, who remain loyal and addicted BECAUSE it's not really for fans who just want to talk about sports. There are loads of sites for that. SJ remains unique because the people who post here generally have a unique and educated insight into sports and media, from a professional view.

So when we read that the site is being marketed to the 'sports fanatic' or those 'practicing on the field,' well, it's disappointing.

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

21, that was well done.

5. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

I just don't want to click it by accident if I have a few drinks and log on SportsJournalists.com.

It's kind of in a tough spot. Can it be moved to a more remote corner?

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I've never seen that Pearlman blog post before. I feel bad that I made him so upset. At least he knows that I read his work.

7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

This isn't the first time SportsJournalists.com has hit Facebook. I think there was a group on there a few years back that got pretty popular.

8. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

It's still there and a bunch of people are listed as officers with their real names. I was one but I removed my name off the made up "officer" list. I think I'm still a fan of the page.

9. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

I came up with this doing a search for "Sports Journalists" on Facebook.

http://www.TheSportsJournalists.com/

Anyone who argues Carlos Beltran is the greatest Met of all time has to credible.

10. BillyT

BillyT Active Member

Thank you, Slappy! I was thinking the same thing.

11. Matt Stephens

Matt Stephens Well-Known Member

New owners? I just got back on here for the first time in almost a month ... things have been hectic since starting the new job. What happened?

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

FWIW, I hate my boss and Pearlman is overrated.

Draft saved Draft deleted