1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SJ.com's diaper dandies disappoint!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Football_Bat, Sep 3, 2007.

1. And where's Philayank on this list? He was just lobbying for newbie of the year in his side saddle a couple of days ago. Guess he just realized there's still four months to go ... :p

2. IU90

IU90 Member

Damn, didn't realize guys like Write-Brained and SC had been so prolific. I'd assumed names with post counts measured in the multiple thousands must've been around for awhile, not all within a 6-8 month period. Wow. They getting paid to do this?

3. Hiro

Hiro Member

I must be walking the Mendoza line ... I've been here since before the nuking of 2004 and I am still a noob. I lost a good bit of posts on an older version of the board, but it was less than 200, so even with them I'm still way down there. What the heck, Hiro? What the heck.

4. Central-KY-Kid

Central-KY-Kid Well-Known Member

I've been registered since 2005.

My coworker who I introduced this site too, kysportswriter, has beaten me ugly/senseless with his barrage of posts.

5. BertoltBrecht

BertoltBrecht Member

I've got an idea. How about a post-padding thread? Like Post what you are doing right now or Post Your Favorites, where we put a category and your favorite of that category.
    I'll start with Colors-Blue.

Disappointment no more.

6. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

We had one. It was called random thoughts. Moddy nuked it.

7. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

There's the letters thread. It's pretty much random thoughts, just in letter form.

8. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

True, but you can't just write "fnord" and get easy credit for a post.

Like this:

fnord.

9. KG

KG Active Member

Wow I'm nearly at the bottom. Looks like I've got my work cut out for me. Geessh.

10. Only locked it, I believe, or else I would have lost some 1,000 posts. :D

But there are other post-padding threads: see the What song are you listening to now thread, which I believe is Cansportschick's vice - I rarely ever look at that thread which explains why I only noticed her in the last month or so. (I don't read the hockey threads, either. :D)

11. asshat.

12. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Damn you, I can't come up with a good response!

Draft saved Draft deleted