1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SJ.commers: What Would You Do?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, May 5, 2008.

1. Flash

Flash Guest

For the record:

2. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Plus, I wouldn't ask that of my Mom and Dad. She's 43 years old, for crissakes, about 25 years beyond being their problem. I'm just at a loss to explain her. I think I'm a decent guy, generous to a point, try to think of others before myself. My other sister, her twin, is a saint, generous to a fault and the world's most selfless person that I know of. How she (the evil twin) can be so goddamned self-centered is beyond me. We were NOT raised that way. BTW, although her office informs me she went home at 3pm, she's not answering either her home phone nor her cell phone.

3. Flash

Flash Guest

How far away does she live? Is dropping by out of the question?

4. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Perhaps you should have a lawyer draft a letter telling her she's being sent to a collections agency. Maybe that might scare her into paying up.

5. You had two grand to loan? Hey Killick, can I borrow some money?

6. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Update: So, after she refused to pick up her phone for most of the night, I started calling every five minutes starting at 9pm. She finally picked up at 9:45 and said she just got home from the office (which was a lie since I already knew she left there at 3). Then, just as predicted (kudos to whoever painted this scenario) it was me being the asshole for bugging her about it when she's got so much going on in anticipation of her trip. I bottom lined it -- May 28, full repayment. She lied some more about not being paid back for the dental yet (then why did she say she had been a week and a half ago, when she said check would be mailed?), denied seeking money from the parents (yeah, I'm sure both my other sister AND my mom lied about that), and kept saying she's too "busy" to talk about this now, when I'm being "such a jerk."
    Repaid or not, we're done.
    I no longer have two sisters.
    Thanks, all, for advice and letting me bitch/vent today.

7. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

There's a VERY valuable lesson to be learned, here, folks.

If you give ANY money to a family member, consider it a gift.

8. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

Not to pile on at a bad time, but I am offended by your use of the word Cris#####.

I know what you wanted to say and I am offended by your choice of words.

</oldjoke>

Draft saved Draft deleted