1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

sj.com'ers in the UK....

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by slappy4428, Oct 17, 2007.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Am looking to buy an item from Harrods for my niece for Christmas. But no way, no how, am I paying 45 pounds on shipping an overpriced teddy bear (47 bucks) at the current rate of exchange (one pound = 2.02946 pounds in the ass; that's 91 bucks shipping on a teddy bear)...
    Anyone willing to chat about buying and shipping a "gift" at a reasonable price?

2. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

appreciated, but looked there...
    I try to get my nieces something from HArrods until they turn three. Last year, I got this one a cool music/water globe for her first christmas...

4. Slappy, don't spend $47 on your 3-year-old niece. No matter what you get her, she'll just end up playing with the box.

My daughter's favorite gift last Christmas (she was three then) was also the cheapest - a Dora bat and ball.

Get her something cute and fun and put the rest of your money away until she's 12.

5. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Appreciated, but not any cheaper...
    And I think the bear is cool; besides, anything I spend on the niece is for a keepsake. Her mother wouldnt let her see it until older and ... cant go into the rest... just suffice it to say, I would rather spend the money on her.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I just didnt remember being raped on shipping like this last year

However, I can change my profile to be called things like Viscount, Archdeacon, Chief or HRH, so that's cool

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I am an anti-christ
    I am an anarchist
    Don't know what I want but I know how to get it

9. Brilliant, bat.
    And on the 30th anniversary, too.
    No future for you.

10. Jim Tom Pinch

Jim Tom Pinch Active Member

Are there SportsJournalists.commers in the UK? I have an only available in GB need too.

11. Angola!

Angola! Guest

dreunc used to be and I thought An American Eagle in London is over there.

12. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Not anymore. He's just an American Eagle now.

Draft saved Draft deleted