1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SJ.com Yahoo! NCAA tournament pool

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Oz, Mar 8, 2011.

1. lisa_simpson

lisa_simpson Active Member

Only down two of my Sweet Sixteen teams, and thanks to the wonder that is Yahoo!'s Scenario Generator (seriously, I love that effin' thing), confirmed that if my picks win out, I win!

2. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Somehow, I'm in 11th place, only 3 points out of first.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

That's like running the 100 in .11 and only being 2 secs. off the world record.

4. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

I would love to run the 100 in .11. I would have destroyed Usain Bolt's world record by 9.47 seconds.

5. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Wait a minute... I'm third overall?

I didn't watch a single moment of college basketball until the tournament started this season. What the hell is wrong with you people?

6. lisa_simpson

lisa_simpson Active Member

And there went that idea ..... thanks for nothin', Pitt.

7. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

I'll say it again.... boom goes the bracket. Only half of my Elite 8 are left. Thankfully I had Pitt going down second round (albeit to ODU not Butler) so their loss only helps me.

8. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I had Kansas State in my Final Four, so that hurt. Otherwise my entire Sweet 16 is still alive.

9. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Down four Sweet 16 teams after Day 3, three of them in the Southeast. Strangely, it could all work out for the best if Florida slithers its way through that mess and makes the Final Four.

10. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Also had K State to the Final Four. Looks like Out By Thursday was two days off.

11. azom

azom Member

Finally crawled into the top 10. Looks like Purdue will be my first Elite Eight team to fall.

12. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

I've been on a pretty good run of getting at least three of the Final Four (including one year I got 'em all...and still didn't win the office pool).
    This year...three of the Elite Eight. And who doesn't have an Ohio State-Duke semi?

Draft saved Draft deleted