1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SJ.com Yahoo fantasy baseball league

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by ondeadline, Feb 7, 2008.

1. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Re: SportsJournalists.com Yahoo fantasy baseball league reminder: Draft is 3 p.m. Wednesday

As long as you leave Albert Belle for me, we'll be fine.

2. Rumpleforeskin

Re: SportsJournalists.com Yahoo fantasy baseball league reminder: Draft is 3 p.m. Wednesday

This should be a good league. Hopefully everyone makes the draft tomorrow.

3. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

I might not make the draft, but I have done extensive pre-rankings, so my team shouldn't blow.

4. Rumpleforeskin

It's gonna suck when the Cubs have a day off though.

5. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I had no idea I signed up for this league until I checked what I had posted in this thread.

Anyway, I might not be at the draft, but I just did a massive amount of rankings.

Have fun having Red Sox players on your team, because they won't be on mine.

6. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Nah, I know better than to go Cub-crazy in fantasy. I'll have a handful, but not too many.

7. Michael Echan

Michael Echan Member

When is the draft order announced? Is it an hour or half-hour before the start?

8. Angola!

Angola! Guest

30 minutes prior.

Where is the link for the draft room? Does it not show up until the draft order is announced? I searched the site, but never having used Yahoo, I'm a little lost.

9. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Re: SportsJournalists.com Yahoo fantasy baseball league reminder: Draft is 3 p.m. ET TODAY

You can enter the draft room now. I drew the 10th pick.

10. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Re: SportsJournalists.com Yahoo fantasy baseball league reminder: Draft is 3 p.m. ET TODAY

Draft order:

1. The Dontazami Bros
    2. Fun with my Chaulk
    3. EastCoastHypeMachine
    4. Chicago Brawlers
    5. Chico's Bail Bonds
    6. Sterling Silver
    7. Barsuk's K-Fukes
    8. Hamelstime
    9. Acne by McNamee
    10. OD's Bleacher Bums
    11. Glenn Dale Guardians
    12. Angola!

11. Italian_Stallion

Italian_Stallion Active Member

My pitching staff includes

1. C.C. Sabathia
    2. Fausto Carmona
    3. Roy Halladay
    4. Yovani Gallardo
    5. Brian Bannister

This is a keeper league, right? In three years, that might reflect four of the top five starters in the game.

12. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Angola, I must say that you've got the most creative fantasy names across the board. Congrats on that.

Draft saved Draft deleted