1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SJ.com voting take two

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by hockeybeat, Dec 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Nook was dead. to. me. when he WAS a Nat.
    Slowes' call of him rounding third and getting nailed for a game-ending rally killer is priceless. They actually played it as part of the first half HIGHLIGHTS.

"Logan's rounded third. WHAT IS HE DOING?"

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

Not to mention Lo Duca's gambling and his calling out the Mets Latin players for not talking to the media "They do speak English, you know"

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

He went on and on AND ON AND ON and just ripped the guy. It was great. All these home runs and great defensive plays and more home runs and suddenly it's "Logan's rounded third ***" I had to pull off the road and stop laughing.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Don't forget LoDuca getting in the face of a Daily News reporter asking him the ID of the woman he was with at some horse race.

5. Bad Guy Zero

Bad Guy Zero Active Member

As always, I will vote for BYH but tell everyone I voted for IJAG!

6. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

BYH, I think your David Howard side sig is worthy of some sort of award. He has always reminded me of the guy from Frasier more than an athlete.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

Express your approval in a vote for Oz!

Along those lines...the most mediocre rookie of the year ever says vote for Oz!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Don't be a fucking Jay Mariotti! Vote Oz in '07!"

8. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Sorry, beej. Although you have run a stellar campaign, and one that has solidified <i>your</i> place on my ballot, I cannot bring myself to vote for someone who bears the BBOC in his avatar. At least not this year.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

It's OK Barsuk. I would not expect a proud mizzou grad (albeit not THE Mizzougrad) to vote for a Jayhawk. I understand some party lines cannot be crossed.

Thanks for your vote though. I promise to cut SportsJournalists.com taxes and do my best to eliminate trolls.

10. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Understood. Same reason I couldn't vote for someone who bears Truman the Tiger in his avatar.

11. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

EDITED after seeing Oz's post:

Thanks for understanding; that's why y'all are great contributors here at SportsJournalists.com.

12. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

For the record, here's my official ballot as submitted to HB. I left "Feud of the Year" in there, because I like it as a category.

* SJ Post of The Year: Double Down’s <a href="http://tinyurl.com/2w37t4">“It’s all relative” post</a>
    * SJ Poster of The Year: Double Down
    * First Team All-SJ: Ace, Bubbler, BYH, slappy, The Big Ragu
    * SJ Rookie of The Year: Write-brained
    * All-Rookie Team: Diabeetus, Friendofafriend, Mayfly, TyWebb, (vacant)
    * SJ Troll Of The Year: JDV
    * SJ Thread Of The Year: <a href="http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/44196/">“Sexual Harassment”</a>
    * SJ Canuckistan Poster of the Year: Flash
    * SJ Feud of the Year: SportsJournalists.com vs. The Villa Army

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.