1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SJ.com Survivor Series

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Oz, Aug 24, 2011.

1. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

Yes, that would be me. :) And I am guessing that not making a pick would eliminate someone. Though I could be wrong on that.

2. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Yep, no pick made is an elimination.

This may be the earliest we've had a winner.

Since it's so early, we could have the commish restart the league. There is a lot of football left after all. Or just leave it as is.

3. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

I am all for starting another one. As long as I get to claim FIRST winner of 2010 and that I still get a sparkly crown :)

4. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

Oh, and I am pretty sure I will need some of the men that lost to bow down and admit that they lost to a girl. A girl that does not actually work in sports or journalism.

:)

5. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

The Chris Hanson Coffee Clatch forgot to make my pick as I was tied up in Canadian Thanksgiving festivities.

I would have picked Seattle fwiw :)

6. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Stop living in the past! (And congrats on the win!)

7. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

You know, I said the same thing to my daughter today. I think I did that because my shiny Yahoo trophy has 2010 on it and I was temporarily blinded by the brightness of it ;D

8. OldSadBastard

OldSadBastard Member

LiesIntx FTW. But enough about you, we've got twelve more weeks to embarrass ourselves like a Manning. Let's start another one.

OSB
    2009 Survivor co-champion who made it through the whole season (and a grand total of maybe five weeks over the past two years).

9. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

Let's do it! I look forward to beating a bunch of guys again!

Lieslntx
    2011 Survivor LONE champion - Round One

10. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

Well ... I haven't seen a new league as of yet. It appears that the guys that played are afraid to go up against a girl again.

Come on guys, you can do it!

11. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Let me sincerely congratulate you on the championship.
    If Indy had held on vs. the Chieves, I'd be battling you this week 'mano on womano'

As for a new league, for me it just ain't the same (for me) when you try to do something like that mid-season.
    I'm content as a 2011 loser.

Draft saved Draft deleted